If you are over the age of 16, chances are that you have pondered the meaning of life.
If you watch French films, the chances are even greater. French films are full of people talking, talking, talking…yada yada yada…. and it seems to be about the meaning of life. Although I am not positive. The subtitles might be misleading.
I knew a woman who had a job where she made subtitles confusing. She found the work gratifying, and it paid pretty well. Just kidding. 🙂
But seriously, and yes…. figuring out the meaning of life is very serious business.
This is work that, ultimately, you will have to do yourself. I can’t do it for you. I will just offer some tips.
- Make a list of things that have meaning. Start with the most meaningful thing, and go down to the least meaningful thing. Now, cross off everything except the top item. Stare at the top item until you get a headache. It is time to goof off. Have a yogurt or smoothie.
2. Get other opinions. Text everyone you know, and ask them what they think is the meaning of life. Anyone who replies will be either loony or correct. It can be hard to tell.
3. Meditate on a yoga mat until an idea springs to mind. Disregard your desire to go bowling.
4. Have a “meaning of life” party. Invite at least six people. After everybody philosophizes, throw water balloons out the window.
5. Tell your spouse that you have discovered the meaning of life. If the person disagrees, there may be a fistfight. This could be grounds for divorce if you want a divorce.
6. Observe your pet. A cat, dog, or parrot does not need to know the meaning of life. Could you be on a wild goose chase?
7. Write a short essay about the meaning of life. Post it on your Facebook page. If you get a lot of Likes, they were accidental. People prefer to look at risque photos.
8. Travel to Paris, and visit a lot of bakeries. You will conclude that the meaning of life is pastry.